The Sexual Assault Clinic requires the services of an energetic Social Worker with a passion to work with children.
A position is open for a Social Worker who will be responsible for the day-to-day patient intake, administration,
social work and other organizational duties.
The following requirements are non-negotiable:
- A clean record with the Child Protection and Sexual Offences registers;
- Bachelor Degree in Social Work;
- Must be registered with the SACSSP;
- Must reside in Ekurhuleni;
- Must have a valid driver’s license;
- A minimum of 3 years appropriate experience in Social Work after registration as Social Worker with the SACSSP;
- Willing to work after hours in emergencies.
Experience in the following fields would be advantages:
- Experience in working with an NGO;
- Office Administration experience;
- Experience in a Child Protection organization;
- Children’s Court experience;
- Criminal Court experience;
- Work experience in child protection matters.
- Case management: Work as part of a team of Medico-Legal specialists to conduct inquiries to ascertain the best interest of the minor children affected by child abuse, evaluate information, compile reports, compile monthly and quarterly statistics (or as required), reporting on case management, referrals and outcomes, follow- up of cases.
- Advocacy & Networking: Act as representative of the child within the child protection system, ensure proper case flow administration, advocacy and networking with community, government and NGO’s, performing cross-functional roles as and when required, liaise and strengthening relationships to support referrals.
- Therapeutic: Providing therapeutic counselling to abused and traumatized children, develop and implement court preparation programs.
- Research: Research child protection issues and find avenues to support the child protection system in the best interest of children.
Other Duties: (This area of duties will be temporary)
- Act as Clinic administrator, reception, filling, manage appointments schedules for team, handle inquiries, client intake and interviews, receive client payments and manage medical aid claims, provide general assistance to the team.
- Plan, initiate and attend fundraising events with the team.
- Administration skills;
- Computer literate with internet research skills;
- Communication and writing Skills;
- Advocacy skills.
- Please note that in terms of our Vetting process and the Children’s Act, short-listed candidates will be required to provide a Police Clearance from SAPS at own cost;
- Once the candidate is successful in his/her application, a form 30 application will be required;
- We require at least 3 contactable references.
R144 000 – R 180 000 per annum. (UIF and PAYE deductions only)
How to apply:
Please complete the form below, no phone or email applications will be accepted.
Should you not hear from us in two weeks after the completion of the application form below, consider your application unsuccessful.
Thank you for taking the time to complete the application form.
If you are successful you will be added to a short list and we will be in contact with you, within two weeks.